for the LOTIS® QC-40
Rapid And Complete Stator Inspection
LOTIS® QC-40TM Stator Inspection System
Qi2’s LOTIS® QC-40TM is a revolutionary inspection tool that uses laser-based surface profiling and measurement to provide highly accurate cross-sectional dimensional profiles and measurement of hard to reach tubular interiors – regardless of its geometries or material surface. Uniquely suited to stator inspection, it is designed to measure regular and irregular dimensional radii up to a length of 10 feet; making possible inspection of stator sections of up to 20 feet in length. Features and benefits of use.
• Reduce inspection costs and improve quality of actionable information
• Quickly measure and determine profile as well as deviation from manufacture specs of either elastomeric-core or all metal stators
• In less than 5 seconds, compare measurements to design profiles to determine QC, compliance or usability
• Measure any wall deformities to accuracy of ±0.002 inches.
• Gives QA/QC managers improved quality control of critical drill motor components
• Easy to learn and easier to use
How it works.
Measurements are taken by inserting the laser probe into the tube and locking its position with expanding centering shoes. The operator then simply rotates the probe and data is collected by the laser heads which is instantly processed through the system software. The LOTIS QC-40 is the first practical method to effectively profile and measure the complex geometry of Moineau-type pump stators (such as drilling power sections, mud motors, and progressive cavity pumps), along with pipes and tubing, or any long smooth or rifled cylinders - quickly and with assured accuracy.
Improved inspection reduces costs.
Whether conventional or equal wall stators, any geometry change that affects stator clearances directly impacts power section performance. The QC-40 empowers inspections where the need exists, whether it as at the machine shop or on the deck of the drilling rig. For ease of use in the field, the system is user-friendly to any operator trained in the scanning technique without need of metrology expertise. To support manufacturing, inspection and engineering applications, collected data can be output for use by any CAD system. pliance or usability