LOTIS® QC-40

Reduce downhole mud motor failures due to stator fit and performance issues with the QC-40 Stator Inspection System

The QC-40 is the only NDT instrument with a capability to profile 100% of the circumferential form of the interior elastomer or steel core of single and double helical form power section stators. 

Application and Benefits:

  • Use to assure correct stator fit and rotor size selection. 
  • Use for stators from 2.2 inch to 8.2-inch core diameter
  • Standard configuration: Profile stators up to 30 feet in length - with optional accessory, no restrictions for use on any length stator in manufacture today.
  • Measures any wall deformities to an accuracy of ±0.002 inches 
  • Support 100% article inspection at manufacture, fitting of power section, or wear measurement of stators, post a motor run. 
  • Reduce inspection costs and improve QC compliance 
  • Measure and map profile to compare to design profiles, or detect deviation from mfg. specs 
  • Delivers QA/QC managers improved quality control of critical drill motor components 
  • Easy to learn – and even easier to use


There is no equal to LOTIS® QC-40 technology. 

Do not be limited by vector gauges, which by design measure the major diameter only, which is about 7% of the surface area creating power. You need profile information about the other 93% of the surface to prevent rotor misfit issues and improve power section performance. 

The QC-40 uses laser profilometry to rapidly capture 3600 measurements per 360° scan. For each surface under scan, it captures 100% of minor diameter, major diameter and of the flank profile, which delivers critical-to-performance information about the whole stator geometry. 

Reduce failed runs and reduce NPT.

  1. With 100% information on a stator profile, it can prevent conditions of potentially weak motor performance due to poor fit issues:
  • Wrong set up or size pairing between rotor and stator
  • Poor or no seal between rotor and stator
  • Gaps in fit that lead to fluid bypass
  • Cavitation that leads to elastomer chunking or lobe damage.

 

Where is the QC-40 designed to be used?

  • Directional Drillers Service Facilities
  • Mud-motor Manufacturing Plants
  • PCP Power Section Manufacturing Plants
  • Drilling Equipment Service Companies

 

How it Works                           

Inspection Process: 

The operator takes measurements by inserting the laser probe into the stator tube and locking its position with expanding centering shoes. The operator then simply rotates the probe until the software meter shows a 360° scan is achieved. The laser heads collect the measurement data which is simultaneously processed through the system software. 

Data Analysis: 

The data collected is displayed on a user-intuitive control console giving the operator immediate visual feedback on the measurements, delivered as numeric values, and on a graphic display of the geometries of the measured stator. The operator can print a report, save the file for compliance reporting, or archive results for later retrieval. 

For more information ……